From: <eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk> on behalf of Tomasz Neugebauer <Tomasz.Neugebauer at concordia.ca>
Date: Thursday, 26 May 2016 21:16
To: "eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk" <eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Subject: [EP-tech] Digital Preservation in EPrints

To use the Digital Preservation Toolkit (http://bazaar.eprints.org/142/), DROID (http://bazaar.eprints.org/143/) is required. DROID runs on Java.
The DROID bazaar plugin mentions ?DROID v.4?
Meanwhile current version of DROID is on Version 6.2.1 (http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/information-management/manage-information/preserving-digital-records/droid/)
Given that we are running EPrints 3.3.12, what is the recommended setup for this?
Should we try to find DROID v4 or can we run the latest version of DROID?
If we need DROID 4, where do we get that?  Also, what version of Java does that require?
Current version of DROID  requires a minimum of Java 6 Standard Edition (SE), built and tested on Java 1.6 update 30.

Tomasz

Jisc is a registered charity (number 1149740) and a company limited by guarantee which is registered in England under Company No. 5747339, VAT No. GB 197 0632 86. Jisc?s registered office is: One Castlepark, Tower Hill, Bristol, BS2 0JA. T 0203 697 5800.