[EP-tech] EPrints 3.4 Preview 2 released

Hi All,

Following on from the recent release of Preview 1, we are happy to announce the release of EPrints 3.4 Preview 2.

We have been working hard to further refine 3.4, we have made a number of tweaks as a result of further testing and feedback.

Changes in 3.4p2 include

- Ingredients support.
This allows common functions such as Bazaar support, third party integrations or plugins to be cleanly factored out, support can then be included at a flavour level.
Not all flavours will use the Bazaar for example, so not all will want it available.
If you have a common feature you need to roll out to all your repositories, then packaging it as a ingredient can help you.
  Similar to a Bazaar package, but can be more comprehensive and a self contained installation.

- Further streamlining of the flavour loading mechanism.
The installed flavour files are now all neatly contained under the flavours directory.
The epadmin command scans the flavours directory and lets you create repositories based on what is installed.

- Slimmer repository code
More files have been moved from the archive level into the flavour level, making archive files more maintainable.

- Bug fixes and refinements!

Download EPrints 3.4 preview 2 from http://files.eprints.org/ and see  http://www.eprints.org/eprints-3.4/ for more details.

Justin

--