From: eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Monica Wood
Sent: 08 March 2016 06:17
To: eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: [EP-tech] subject dataset - remove_field

Hi there,

In our repository we have a root subject called 'Collections'  Under this I have unlinked(deleted) a child of Collections.
I now have the issue that all items that were connected to this collection still have the metadata saying so and on our summary page we display the collection an item belongs to.
So it's now showing '??colllectionName??' as a link and that link is now dead.

Is there a way to delete these connections without needing to do it directly through the database?
I was wondering if the epadmin remove_field might do the job on the subject dataset?
Something like:
~/bin/epadmin remove_field repoid subject collectionid ??

Thanks in advanced

Monica Wood
Library Systems Officer
Library | Division of Students & Education
University of Tasmania
Locked Bag 25
Hobart 7001
T +61 3 6226 1849