[EP-tech] Antwort: Re: Digital Preservation in EPrints

Hi Tomasz,

the command line version of DROID 6.x does not support the FileCollection XML report as it was created by DROID 4 and used by the Preservation Toolkit Bazaar package, see also discussion on https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/droid-list/odOGT7ccn2I

I have somewhere on my disk the tar file for DROID 4. Please contact me off-list if you want to have it. It runs with Java 1.6 or higher - we run it with Java 1.8.

DROID 4 is indeed outdated. We noted that even with the most recent PRONOM signature files, it does not recognize the format of about 4% of our PDF files, while spot checks revealed that DROID 6 does recognize the format.

It is still on my todo list (in the course of the SUK P-2 project Digital Life Cycle Management) to make the preservation toolkit compatible with DROID 6.

Best regards,

Martin

--
Dr. Martin Brändle
Zentrale Informatik

mail: martin.braendle@id.uzh.ch
phone: +41 44 63 56705
fax: +41 44 63 54505
http://www.zi.uzh.ch

Inactive hide details for Adam Field ---31/05/2016 12:32:25---The preservation toolkit is really quite old now.  It it’s imporAdam Field ---31/05/2016 12:32:25---The preservation toolkit is really quite old now.  It it’s important, perhaps there’s some community