[EP-tech] Access user via javascript?

Hi all,

Is there something set up in ePrints that allows you to get user details (such as type/role, email, etc.) via javascript?  I did have a look through the auto.js file but didn't see anything, though given the size of that file it'd be very easy for me to miss something obvious!

The reason I ask is that I want to show a section in the abstract details only to admins (which is currently set up in cfg/citations/eprint/control.xml).  I originally tried to modify that section, but with the caching it obviously didn't work.  I then tried to use a pin but had the same problems.  Someone responded to my original EPrints UK User Group post (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/eprints-uk-user-group/LloconUdLDg) suggesting that js may be a good way forward.

If there's not something already available then I could update the main template to include a json object of the user details which I can then use later on in the page.  But hopefully someone else has already tried to add/show content dynamically based on role (or any other user property, I imagine) and can give some advice.

Many thanks,

Andy

--
Andrew Collington