Re: [EP-tech] Database versions and Storage Engines

On 06/05/16 02:36, Matthew Brady wrote:
Hi All,

Just wondering if there are any pros/cons for moving the tables from the
default MyISAM to InnoDB.

The DBA’s are wanting to upgrade MySQL to a newer version, and asked if
swapping engines could also be performed.

Is there any reasons I shouldn’t move away from the MyISAM engine??

I've run EPrints against PostgreSQL for close on 10 years.

The only "problems" I've come across are
1) that the *install* requires mysql (and you change to Pg after the install), and 2) I need to upgrade to Pg 9.3 to get live replication across multiple databases

--

Ian Stuart.
EDINA,

http://edina.ac.uk/

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.