Re: [EP-tech] Search results sorting by compound field elements

You can define a function that returns an ordervalue on any metadata field.  It'll look like this:

{
name => 'foo',
type => 'name',
multiple => 0,
make_value_orderkey => 'my_order_function'
}

$c->{my_order_function} = sub
{
my ($field, $value, $session, $langid, $dataset) = @_;

$familyname = $value->{family};
return md5($family);
}

Note that this is hazy, from memory and just typed straight into the email.  Also, don't forget to regenerate the order values (I believe it's an epadmin command).

Jisc

Adam Field
SHERPA services analyst developer