[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[EP-tech] Re: Suggested changes to EPrints 3 in 2016
- Subject: [EP-tech] Re: Suggested changes to EPrints 3 in 2016
- From: E.Jennings at bath.ac.uk (Lizz Jennings)
- Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 10:40:07 +0000
- In-reply-to: <EMEW3|75587478e08aed9f152a147b94e65a85s04I4w14eprints-tech-bounces|ecs.soton.ac.uk|CANy+2WfBfUFxFdzuhoU215bV37gk9aeRHQkH2yYsRDUXdne=5Q@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <CANy+2WfBfUFxFdzuhoU215bV37gk9aeRHQkH2yYsRDUXdne=5Q@mail.gmail.com> <EMEW3|75587478e08aed9f152a147b94e65a85s04I4w14eprints-tech-bounces|ecs.soton.ac.uk|CANy+2WfBfUFxFdzuhoU215bV37gk9aeRHQkH2yYsRDUXdne=5Q@mail.gmail.com>
This is really good to see ? I?d certainly give about a million thumbs up for getting render functions out of core functionality.
Lizz Jennings BA MSc ACLIP MCLIP (Revalidated 2015)
Technical Data Officer
The Library 4.10, University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY UK
Ext. 3570 (External 01225 383570)
E.Jennings at bath.ac.uk<mailto:E.Jennings at bath.ac.uk>
Research Data Management: http://www.bath.ac.uk/research/data
From: eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Patrick McSweeney
Sent: 05 January 2016 18:03
To: eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: [EP-tech] Suggested changes to EPrints 3 in 2016
Sorry for the long silence. Since the community contributions day in December I have been playing more with EPrints. I was hoping to find a roadmap for EPrints 3 development but couldn't so I am proposing one. My aims are largely to try and simplify EPrints to make future development and support more straight forward. I would like participants of the list to take a look at the plan reply with
* Comments or questions about the plan
* Proposed changes or extensions to the plan
* Things I have not thought of
You can see the roadmap here https://wiki.eprints.org/w/index.php/EPrints3_Roadmap
So far I have started by implementing new unit tests for list and XHTML. This seems like a non-contentious part of the plan to start with. No one every complains about more tests.
Please let me know what you all think
'But your intentions are beside the point, It's the outcome of your actions that count...'
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...