From: eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Alan.Stiles
Sent: 06 January 2016 17:35
To: eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: [EP-tech] Subject trees

Hi all,
Anyone have any experience with updating the subject tree via the API?   (using 3.3.10 but current github module for EPrints::DataObj::Subject looks similar)

I'm trying to add a new top level entry with the following code snippet...

                my $rootsubj = EPrints::DataObj::Subject->new($repository,"ROOT");
                exit unless defined($rootsubj);
                my $newsubj = $rootsubj->create_child("newid",[{name=>"New Top Level Subject"}],0);

It creates the subject, but orphaned rather than linked to the ROOT object as I'd expect...
Any clues?

Alan Stiles
Digital Repository Developer
Library Services, The Open University