[EP-tech] More research, less paperwork, better information - first CASRAI-UK meeting in London

Hello,

The international non-profit Consortia Advancing Standards in Research Administration Information (CASRAI) is launching a new national chapter in the UK. On behalf of Valerie McCutcheon, Chair of the new CASRAI-UK Steering Committee, I am writing to invite you to attend the first open meeting in London on May 16th from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.

You can expect an overview of the CASRAI mission and approach and join a discussion about key information management challenges and opportunities for UK researchers and universities and how CASRAI-UK can best focus its work. The objective is to develop a list of potential UK priorities for 2016. You can also meet the Steering Committee and your colleagues from organisations that have already joined the UK section of this consortia. We are developing a programme for the day and it will be circulated in advance.

The event is free and open to all. We hope to see representatives from the universities who have already joined the new chapter (10 and counting) and also welcome those considering joining or wanting to learn more.

We also welcome other UK stakeholders such as research funders, publishers and solutions providers who we would love to have as partner organisations in this university-led venture.

Save the date in your calendars and use this EventBrite link to register:

- http://www.eventbrite.ca/e/casrai-uk-chapter-kick-off-meeting-tickets-24435417993

Follow this link to learn more about the new chapter:

- http://casrai.org/Call_for_Participation_in_UK_Chapter

We look forward to seeing you there.

--

David Baker