[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[EP-tech] Importing files
- Subject: [EP-tech] Importing files
- From: E.Jennings at bath.ac.uk (Lizz Jennings)
- Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 17:57:45 +0000
I'm looking at options for importing files with records, and have read quite a few threads and bits of documentation, so have managed to get this to work in a couple of ways:
1) Base64 encoding the files and including them in the import file
2) Using the command line interface to import the files by referring to their location
3) Temporarily allowing file imports and importing them by reference in the web interface
All of these work until I try and do the same from my normal PC to an instance of EPrints running on a server, at which point the import doesn't have access to my local files so isn't able to upload them. I can't change the access permissions on the files. Base64 encoding is very much my option of last resort as some of the files this is for are expected to be around 10GB each, so storing a second (larger) copy of them in that format is going to put quite a strain on the storage available to the researcher.
Before I spend ages trying to get a workable solution, has anyone had a similar issue and found a workaround?
Lizz Jennings BA MSc ACLIP MCLIP (Revalidated 2015)
Technical Data Officer
The Library 4.10, University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY UK
Ext. 3570 (External 01225 383570)
E.Jennings at bath.ac.uk<mailto:E.Jennings at bath.ac.uk>
Research Data Management: http://www.bath.ac.uk/research/data
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...