Re: [EP-tech] Antwort: Access user via javascript?

Hi,

No need to apologise for slightly hijacking the discussion, Alan!  I’m very new to ePrints so this is actually all really helpful!  It’s good to see how others would solve the issues, if there’s a “best practices” way or not, and so on.

I appreciate that the js version doesn’t fail-safe, but I was just living with the fact that the admin link shows now anyway, so if it continues to show then “oh well”, else if it could be hidden then all the better.

John; thanks for the pin code.  I did actually try something in the dynamic template, but it didn’t use the pnotes method (I’ll have to investigate that one) and I added the pin to the citation xml document rather than the default template.  Given the way I did things it resulted in it not working because of the static cache build.  But I will give that a shot next week and see how it goes.

Thanks also, Martin, for the heads-up of the $STAFF_ONLY variable – that could come in handy!

Much appreciated, all!

Andy