[EP-tech] Antwort: Access user via javascript?

Hi,

from a point of view of security, I don't think that _javascript_ is a good way, since it can be turned off or changed browser side.

There is the undocument variable $STAFF_ONLY that can be used in EPScript und EPrints Control Format (EPC).

<epc:if test="$STAFF_ONLY = 'TRUE'">display something here</epc:if>

It is mentioned in http://wiki.eprints.org/w/How_to_control_eprint_workflow_based_on_a_user_field (in the workflow description at the bottom), but not explained there.

In my opinion, that variable (and possible other system variables) should be documented in

http://wiki.eprints.org/w/EPScript

Best regards,

Martin

--
Dr. Martin Brändle
Zentrale Informatik

Inactive hide details for Andrew Collington ---01/03/2016 14:16:18---Hi all, Is there something set up in ePrints that allows yAndrew Collington ---01/03/2016 14:16:18---Hi all, Is there something set up in ePrints that allows you to get user details (such as type/role,