[EP-tech] Antwort: Re: EPrints and mobile?

Dear Nick, Andrew, List,

it's true: All in all it's a shame, what eprint is offering at this point - just thinking about mobile usage, Google ranking, old-school web1.0 design...

We're also working on a mobile version of eprints 3.3.13. After looking around, we finaly decided to use David McElroy's "Bootstrap for Eprints" and mix it up with some nice solutions from https://github.com/UEL-LLS/eprints-UEL-Docklands and some new selfcoded features. For some other reasons we'll 'go live' in March.

I personaly think, EPrints Bootstrap theme is a good way, that it's worth to go. But in the end it should be a default core-function to manage things like that.

Cheers
 Jens

--
Jens Vieler
Informatikdienste

mail:  jens.vieler@id.uzh.ch
phone: +41 44 63 56777
http://www.id.uzh.ch

Inactive hide details for Andrew Hercules ---14.01.2016 15:50:08---Hi Nick, Unfortunately, an "out-of-the-box" EPrints instanceAndrew Hercules ---14.01.2016 15:50:08---Hi Nick, Unfortunately, an "out-of-the-box" EPrints instance is not optimised for mobile. The UI is