[EP-tech] Re: Items made live, not showing in browse views

I was just about to comment on the metadata_visibility field, but Alan beat me to it J so definitely check that field as we had a couple records that had the same issue and found that this was indeed the culprit.  The metadata_visibility field is in the ‘eprint’ table if you are looking at it within the database directly.  The two options that it can be set at are ‘no_search’ and ‘show’.  Obviously you will want it set to ‘show’ for it to show up in searches and views.

-Brian.

From: eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Alan.Stiles
Sent: Thursday, January 07, 2016 5:14 AM
To: eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: [EP-tech] Re: Items made live, not showing in browse views

What value is in the ‘metadata_visibility’ field on that eprint record? (this is the field that gets set to ‘no_search’ when you create new versions to remove the original item from searches and views).  Should say ‘show’.  I realise you mentioned the versioning in the original email but you hadn’t explicitly mentioned the metadata_visibility field.

Alan