[EP-tech] Re: Antwort: Re: IRStats2. Browsers and Countries

Thank you Martin,

I?ve implemented your preferred solution. 259,000 requests from Chrome
instead of? 2. This feels more accurate to me!

I agree with Adam, using a library would be a better solution, but this
works great for now.

Robin

De : martin.braendle at id.uzh.ch [mailto:martin.braendle at id.uzh.ch]
Envoy? : 30 septembre 2015 02:08
? : eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Objet : [EP-tech] Antwort: Re: IRStats2. Browsers and Countries

My Perl book (Tom Christiansen, brian d foy & Larry Wall, Programming Perl,
4th ed., O'Reilly, 2012) says on p. 887 that keys returned by the keys
function are sorted by the values.

There are two options:

- On line 20 of Browsers.pm, you change the value from "Apple Safari" to
"Safari", so Google Chrome matches first.
- or on line 54, you change the loop to

#       foreach( keys %$BROWSERS_SIGNATURES )
        foreach( sort keys %$BROWSERS_SIGNATURES )

which sorts on the keys, so Chrome matches before Safari.

The second option is a little less performant, since it involves a sort
operation on each processed record. However, I prefer it.

Have a nice day,

Martin

--
Dr. Martin Br?ndle
Zentrale Informatik

"Field A.N." ---24/09/2015 16:02:28---The code you want is here:
<https://github.com/eprints/irstats2/blob/master/cfg/plugins/EPrints/Plugi>
https://github.com/eprints/irstats2/blob/master/cfg/plugins/EPrints/Plugi