[EP-tech] Re: How to create a private archive ?

Hi Gilles,

I think that if you played with cfg.d/user_roles.pl you'd accomplish want you want. I think that if you removed any read privileges from the default role (I'm not sure which one it is, but it could be $c->{public_roles} or probably $c->{user_roles}->{minuser}), or even if you removed this role (minuser) totally from the archive it maybe could do the job. But I tried it in one of my repos, and it didn't work, so maybe I'm doing something wrong. Maybe it would be wiser if I removed some privileges from these roles instead of removing the roles totally.

Maybe another approach would be to alter cfg/templates/default.xml to conditionally allow to view items (which would allow access to hand-coded urls to views, which you wouldn't disire), or to change views and searches to return results only on authenticated users (somehow).

I know I didn't help enough, but I'm trying to give you some ideas where to start from.

Good luck!