[EP-tech] Re: sort order of contributors.Contribution for other languages

Hi Adam and Gilles,

Could any of you elaborate a bit more on your suggestions?

@Adam: When you say I'll need to create an input rendered, can you be a
bit more precise? (or can you propose an outline of what should be done
using which API calls).

@Gilles: Your idea sounds nice. What static part should I change in
order to make it work? (eg default.xml?)

Thanks both for your help!

On 12/10/2015 02:14 ??, Gilles Fourni? wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just an idea.
> Why not sort the options with a bit of javascript ? It could be easier.
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12073270/sorting-options-elements-alphabetically-using-jquery
>

> Le 12/10/2015 11:40, Field A.N. a ?crit :
>> Hi George
>>
>> 	I believe the order is dependant on the order of the options in the configuration.  That is to say, EPrints doesn't sort these, it just lists them as they are configured in https://github.com/eprints/eprints/blob/3.3/lib/defaultcfg/namedsets/contributor_type
>>
>> 	I'm afraid that to sort them, you'll need to create an input rendered :(
>>
>> --
>> Adam Field
>> Business Relationship Manager and Community Lead
>> EPrints Services
>> +44 (0)23 8059 8814
>>

>> On 9 Oct 2015, at 13:17, George Mamalakis wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> In a multilingual EPrints installation, in contributor's fields, the
>>> Contribution drop-down field displays the various entries in English,
>>> sorted alphabetically. But when the language is changed, the same sort
>>> order is kept, which does not help at all in other languages, since the
>>> number of entries in the menu is quite large. Is there a way of
>>> re-sorting them in the other languages as well?
>>>
>>> Thanks all in advance,
>>>
>>> George.
>>>
>>> --
>>> George Mamalakis
>>>
>>> IT and Security Officer,
>>> Electrical and Computer Engineer (Aristotle Univ. of Thessaloniki),
>>> PhD (Aristotle Univ. of Thessaloniki),
>>> MSc (Imperial College of London)
>>>
>>> School of Electrical and Computer Engineering
>>> Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
>>>
>>> phone number : +30 (2310) 994379

>>> *** EPrints developers Forum: http://forum.eprints.org/

George Mamalakis