Lizz

Technical Data Officer
Ext. 3570 (External 01225 383570)
E.Jennings at bath.ac.uk
Research Data Management: http://www.bath.ac.uk/research/data

-----Original Message-----
From: eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of John Salter
Sent: 25 November 2015 11:06
To: eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: [EP-tech] Creative commons

Hi,
We need to be able to support historic as well as current CC license options in our repository.

I'm considering building a 'licenses' bazaar package that will:
- know about all historic and current licences
- store licenses as URIs*
- render the cc license logos in normal or compact variants
- allow which license versions to offer to be controlled by the workflow (e.g. options="v3,v4" would show all v3 and v4 licenses)
- ???

I'm not sure if this will require a custom EPrints::MetaField::License or just an EPrints::Plugin::InputForm::Component::Field::License.
Has anyone done any work around the CC licenses that might be useful?

Are there other aspects that would be useful to cover in this work?

*currently EPrints saves the licence as e.g. 'cc_by' or 'cc_by_4' - but 'cc_by'  could have meant v2, v2.5, or v3 at different points in time - therefore the exact licence applied is ambiguous.