[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[EP-tech] Creative commons
- Subject: [EP-tech] Creative commons
- From: J.Salter at leeds.ac.uk (John Salter)
- Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 11:05:57 +0000
We need to be able to support historic as well as current CC license options in our repository.
I'm considering building a 'licenses' bazaar package that will:
- know about all historic and current licences
- store licenses as URIs*
- render the cc license logos in normal or compact variants
- allow which license versions to offer to be controlled by the workflow (e.g. options="v3,v4" would show all v3 and v4 licenses)
I'm not sure if this will require a custom EPrints::MetaField::License or just an EPrints::Plugin::InputForm::Component::Field::License.
Has anyone done any work around the CC licenses that might be useful?
Are there other aspects that would be useful to cover in this work?
*currently EPrints saves the licence as e.g. 'cc_by' or 'cc_by_4' - but 'cc_by' could have meant v2, v2.5, or v3 at different points in time - therefore the exact licence applied is ambiguous.