[EP-tech] Re: enable-web-imports

hi adam

On 24.09.2015 17:48, Field A.N. wrote:
> I thought the --enable-web-imports just worked, and I've seen it work
> before, but this was around 6 years ago.  It's always been more
> trouble than it's worth to me, and my general approach to big jobs
> like this is to divide the work into steps, and make each step as
> simple as possible.  Even if that approach seems like more work,
> you've got far more recoverability and debug-ability in the process.

you are right but:
our date migration is done in iteration steps.
there are first (and still!) a lot of encoding, mapping, ... trouble.
and the researcher are still adding new publications to the old repo.
so i like to have an approach where everything is done in ONCE,
so that we can migrate the data as many time we need, just with one "click".

> I don't think you should be quoting values inside an XML tag, but you
> do need to make sure the data is encoded correctly.  The only illegal
> characters in XML as far as I know are '<' and '&', so I don't know
> why this would be failing.

agree but i still do not know how to enable web import:
403 Access denied by configuration: file imports disabled

thanks
stof