[EP-tech] Re: enable-web-imports

hi adam

On 24.09.2015 16:23, Field A.N. wrote:
> With 40k of publications, I would advise downloading all of them with
> wget and putting them into a predictable directory structure, then
> adjusting the XML to point at local files.

thanks for your advise. but:

1. the servers are just standing side-by-side (=very fast connection)
and therefore the easiest way to get the file on the right place in the
new repo.

2. is the question in general about the option --enable-web-imports
have you got any idea why the API import isn't working although the wget
gets the file?
what does it mean "file imports disabled"?
is there somewhere else something to enable?
maybe...

3. quote or not quoted?
in xml i added single quote (because of possible whitespaces in filename
and url) like
<files>
<file>
<filename>'CSA_02efl.pdf'</filename>
<mime_type>application/pdf</mime_type>
<url>'https://www.alexandria.unisg.ch/export/DL/21352.pdf'</url> >>>
still 403 when CSA_02efl.pdf
</file>
</files>

which produces an 403 error

removing the the quotes produces nasty error:
Use of uninitialized value within %lookup in array element at
/usr/share/eprints3/bin/../perl_lib/EPrints/Database.pm line 2647,
<DATA> line 960.
Use of uninitialized value $format in split at
/usr/share/eprints3/bin/../perl_lib/EPrints/DataObj/Document.pm line
1684, <DATA> line 960.
Use of uninitialized value $major in concatenation (.) or string at
/usr/share/eprints3/bin/../perl_lib/EPrints/DataObj/Document.pm line
1689, <DATA> line 960...........

????

4. local import without quotes works

with xml
<files>
<file>
<filename>CSA_02efl.pdf</filename>
<mime_type>application/pdf</mime_type>
<url>https://www.alexandria.unisg.ch/export/DL/21352.pdf</url> >>> still
403 when CSA_02efl.pdf
</file>
</files>

and
perl ~/bin/import alex --verbose --enable-import-fields --force --update
--enable-file-imports archive XML /home/cmueller/import/epxmleprint_1.xml

thanks for any suggestions
stof