[EP-tech] Migrating from D-space (with files)

Hi all,

I assumed that this scenario should be very common, but after googling
it I realised that it's quite hard to find a straightforward answer.

So, the question is as follows:

What are the needed steps in order to migrate a D-space system to eprints?

I see that there is this import module
(./perl_lib/EPrints/Plugin/Import/DSpace.pm) in eprints, which (at first
glance) doesn't seem to handle files (maybe I'm wrong). Moreover, as it
is stated in the plugin, before migrating from D-space to eprints, one
should subclass it in order to "refine the grammar used". Of course,
from the admin interface I see that there is a D-space specific import,
which -if I understood correctly- is using the import plugin just mentioned.

Given these facts, for the meatadata I just have to subclass the
DSPace.pm plugin using the correct grammar? And then, what should I do
with associated files? Is there a way to merge this two steps in order
to avoid mistakes?

Thank you all for your time in advance,

George.

--