[EP-tech] Re: Some questions about SWORDv2/CRUD endpoint

On 07/09/15 14:18, Andy Reid wrote:
Hi Richard,
My sympathies: I spent about a month trying figure something like this
out, and just about got it working before I went on holiday for two
weeks... Now I'm back I'm struggling to recall the details.  I was
trying to push eprints XML and attached files into eprints via SWORD,
and kept running up against similar problems.  What I found was that
AtomPub only seemed to support minimal metadata - title, creator,
summary - but nothing else e.g. Journal.  I can imagine that in your
position as the Router, you don't want to have to be generating Eprints
XML - presumably you want to be sending generic Atom, and not having to
write native eprints XML?   Most of the documentation I found around
SWORD tended to be dSpace-centric, using DCTERMS for the extended
metadata.  I spent ages trying to adapt the EasyDeposit client , but
could never get it to pass the XML to the right interpreter.  In the end
I started from scratch with PHP-CURL and solved it quite quickly.

Like Andy, I created my own importer for the Broker, and effectively did a SWORD 1.3-like import under the EPrints CRUD interface. The importer's in the EPrints Bazzar.... but being bespoke, isn't actually of any use. (I also considered that the multiple pushes needed for an average document wasn't going to scale - hence not following any rabbits down the CRUD hole..)

--

Ian Stuart.
EDINA,

http://edina.ac.uk/

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.