[EP-tech] Re: Relevance ranking for Simple and Advanced Search

Sorry, it took me a while to figure out what was going on.

For maintainability, as always, it's a good idea to make changes in new cfg.d files rather than modify existing ones.  When you upgrade, this will make it far easier normalise your cfg directory to the new defaults.  You can achieve this by putting the following in cfg.d/z_relevance_order_default.pl:

$c->{search}->{simple}->{order_methods}->{byrelavance} = '';
$c->{search}->{simple}->{default_order} = 'byrelevance';
$c->{search}->{advanced}->{order_methods}->{byrelavance} = '';
$c->{search}->{advanced}->{default_order} = 'byrelevance';

--
Adam Field
EPrints Services