[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[EP-tech] OR2015 NEWS: Full Program; Early Reg. Deadline 8 May; Workshops sign-ups
- Subject: [EP-tech] OR2015 NEWS: Full Program; Early Reg. Deadline 8 May; Workshops sign-ups
- From: William.Nixon at glasgow.ac.uk (William Nixon)
- Date: Tue, 5 May 2015 20:32:23 +0000
- In-reply-to: <93F7EFDF-8DD9-4371-B9BE-894046A0488B@glasgow.ac.uk>
- References: <93F7EFDF-8DD9-4371-B9BE-894046A0488B@glasgow.ac.uk>
OR2015 NEWS: Full Program Available; Early Registration Deadline fast-approaching?Friday, 5/8; Sign Up for Workshops
We are pleased to announce that full program and schedule details for Open Repositories 2015, taking place in Indianapolis on June 8-11, are now available on the conference website at http://www.or2015.net/<http://www.or2015.net/>.
The program for this 10th Open Repositories conference includes:
- keynote talks from Kaitlin Thaney of Mozilla Science Lab and Anurag Acharya of Google Scholar
- a mix of workshops, tutorials, papers, panels, 24x7 presentations, posters, and ?repository rants and raves? addressing a wide variety of topics related to digital repositories and the roles they play in supporting open scholarship, open science, online cultural heritage, and research data
- a Developer Track that includes informal presentations and demonstrations showcasing community expertise and progress
- interest group sessions focused on the open source DSpace, EPrints, and Fedora (including Hydra and Islandora) repository platforms
- an Ideas Challenge enabling small teams to collaborate on proposing new ideas for moving repositories forward (with prizes)
Coupled with a variety of social activities to help support networking with colleagues from across the globe, along with exhibit tables from conference sponsors, OR2015 should make for a rewarding experience for anyone working in the repositories space.
** Reminder: Discounted Early Registration Ends Friday, May 8**
Online registration for OR2015 is open, and participants can save $50 by registering by this Friday, May 8. Special negotiated room rates are available at the conference hotel until May 16. For more information, please visit the conference website: http://www.or2015.net/
All conference participants, including those with accepted presentations, need to register in order to attend the conference.
** Sign Up for Workshops and Tutorials **
If you have already registered for OR2015 and are planning to participate in workshops or tutorials on the first day of the conference, Monday, June 8, please visit http://www.or2015.net/workshops to sign up for the sessions you plan to attend. Workshops and tutorials are included in the registration fee, but separate signup is required in order to guarantee a seat.
We look forward to seeing you at OR2015!
Holly Mercer, William Nixon, and Imma Subirats
OR2015 Program Co-Chairs
Jon Dunn, Beth Namachchivaya, Julie Speer, and Sarah Shreeves
OR2015 Conference Organizing Committee
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...