[EP-tech] Re: Auto complete not working for authors

Well that didn't went too well,

Here is the end of my message:

SQL ERROR (execute): COLLATION 'utf8_general_ci' is not valid for
CHARACTER SET 'latin1'
DBD::mysql::st fetchrow_array failed: fetch() without execute() at
/eprints3/cgi/users/lookup/name line 61.
DBD::mysql::st execute failed: COLLATION 'utf8_general_ci' is not valid
for CHARACTER SET 'latin1' at /eprints3/perl_lib/EPrints/Database.pm line
3211.

How can I resolve these errors?  Do I have to change the default encoding
for the database and then change the encoding for all columns.  I also
realized that there are some columns set to latin1 and some to utf8 in the
same table (e.g.: table eprint).  Is this ok?

Thank you for your much appreciated help!

Mathieu Perron
IT Technician
Biblioth?que Paul-?mile-Boulet
Universit? du Qu?bec ? Chicoutimi