[EP-tech] Re: Eprints VS Dspace

Hi Edwin and Et Al,

DSpace, Digital Commons and Eprints are the best options for Academic digital repositories.

DSpace have the largest list of installations… but..

In the real world Eprints manage the easiest way to install with less tech knowledge and a really turnkey installation like yum install eprints or apt-get install eprints, etc..

One of the best acid test is Google Scholar, they said “Eprints version 3.0 or a later version are well-structured for indexing - search engine robots are able to quickly reach all articles by following links from the home page and individual article pages embed bibliographic data in a machine-readable fashion for indexing” and DSpace have had some issues regarding indexing… http://roar.eprints.org/help/google_scholar.html

By the other hand the principal CRIS (RIS) systems have APIs or interfaces for interconnections with Eprints and DSpace.

My two cents!!

Best regards

Jorge Ramírez