[EP-tech] Eprints VS Dspace

Hello everyone.

I am currently implementing Eprints as a repository for digital collections. I have some time using eprints and have adjusted its structure and environment in general. But recently I asked me the question why use Eprints, instead of DSpace, has given me the task. I have not found anywhere that tells me a comparison which is better than the other, from my point of view both are equal.

The question is: What is the difference between Eprints and DSpace? Why some decide to use DSpace and other eprints. I want to know your answers on what type of repository is more convenient to use and what are the advantages of each.

Thanks to all.

PS: sorry, my Inglés sucks