[EP-tech] Re: Finding selected lang from configuration

Cheers Adam,

It worked like a charm! Now please allow me to asking you one more thing: I changed my title field to contain code that looks for my repository_id through the $eprint variable (which is my method's parameter), which means that the system will have to make an additional database call each time my field is accessed for each object. There's no easier method of having access to it, I suppose? (eg. directly, like I have access to the configuration via $c).

PS. My new title-field code is as follows:

{
    name => 'title',
    type => 'virtualwithvalue',
    virtual => 1,

    get_value => sub
    {
        my ($eprint) = @_;
        if ($eprint->is_set('ml_title'))
        {
            my $repo = $eprint->repository;
            my $lang = $repo->get_langid;
# if cannot find a user language setting, I'm taking the default one
            if (!$lang)
            {
                $lang = $c->{defaultlanguage};
            }
            my $vals = $eprint->get_value('ml_title');
            my $title = '';
            # set the default lang's text as title
            foreach my $v1 (@{$vals})
            {
                if (%$v1{'lang'} eq $lang)
                {
                    $title = %$v1{'text'};
                }
            }
# if I couldn't find a title in the user's language, get the first object's text as title
            if ($title eq '')
            {
                $title = ${$$vals[0]}{'text'} ;
            }