[EP-tech] Re: MySQL version

On 30/06/15 07:59, George Mamalakis wrote:
Hi Matthew,

Without being able to give you an authoritative answer, I see no reason
why EPrints wouldn't support the latest MySQL version available (or
MariaDB for that matter), since by diagonally looking at its tables, I
haven't seen any peculiar MySQL-specific stuff happening.

I can confirm that EPrints will work quite happily with a PostgreSQL database.... though you definitely need a MySQL instance to actually install the app from source.

However the original posters question was about the VERSION of MySQL - and eprints doesn't do anything platform-specific.... so unless different versions of MySQL don't support some part of the SQL Standard, version won't matter.

I suppose, though, that somebody could give you a more thorough answer.

George.