[EP-tech] Re: [SOLVED] Re: See other users' deposits (admin) or continuing part of: Per user-group workflow and permissions

Hi Adam,

And thanks once more for the help.

See?!?! My hunch was right and I was indeed missing something, so my
apologies of my postscript apply :).

Glad to see that once more EPrints thought things before us, for us :).

Cheers again!

George.

On 30/07/2015 10:43 ??, Adam Field wrote:
> Hi George
>
> Repository staff have access to the staff search, which allows you to
> locate items in the editorial buffer (or even in the work area) that
> are owned by a particular person.  Editors can then do whatever they
> like to the item.
>
> Best Wishes
>
> --
> Adam Field
> Business Relationship Manager and Community Lead
> EPrints Services
>
> I am currently not working in the UK.  Due to timezone differences
> (GMT -9) email responses may take longer.
>
> On 29 Jul 2015, at 19:33, George Mamalakis <mamalos at eng.auth.gr
> <mailto:mamalos at eng.auth.gr>> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> After having decided -along with our library staff- to assign a user as
>> the owner of each deposit when migrating from DSPace to EPrints based on
>> each publication's author, the head librarian asked me if it is possible
>> for a user or group (eg. admin) to be able to see other users' deposits
>> and probably take over the deposit procedure.
>>
>> They asked me that, because they said that some Professors (and please
>> don't laugh) may not be able to login, watch their deposits and submit
>> them so that a reviewer can move with the depositing procedure
>> henceforth, and so it would be desirable for somebody to be able to see
>> and handle all deposits, even those that are still pending (eg. not in
>> the archive dataset).
>>
>> What would be the proper procedure of doing this? After thinking a bit,
>> I think I'd prefer if this deposit list could be produced using already
>> existing code, so it could be some custom search that searches in other
>> datasets (eg. buffer) based on the owner field. And this search should
>> only be available to admin or staff. In this example, I haven't brought
>> up the search functionality accidentally, on the contrary it already
>> incorporates all the desirable functionality wrt displaying, grouping
>> and selecting eprints.
>>
>> Of course, any other ideas (like Adam's favourite: a plugin) that would
>> produce the same functionality, *in an easier way*, are more than
>> welcome!
>>
>> Thanks all in advance,
>>
>> George.
>>
>> PS. Sorry If this behaviour is already supported by EPrints and I
>> haven't managed to make it work.
>>
>> --
>> George Mamalakis
>>
>> IT and Security Officer,
>> Electrical and Computer Engineer (Aristotle Univ. of Thessaloniki),
>> PhD (Aristotle Univ. of Thessaloniki),
>> MSc (Imperial College of London)
>>
>> School of Electrical and Computer Engineering
>> Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
>>
>> phone number : +30 (2310) 994379

George Mamalakis

IT and Security Officer,