[EP-tech] Re: Item Type - magazines and newspapers

An item type can be loosely defined as a label (e.g. 'Article', 'Publication') and an associated set of metadata fields.  If there is nothing that meets your requirement for metadata, then you may need to create a new item type.

Creating training videos for the community is a current pet project of mine, and I prefer to respond to issues that people currently have.  'Create a New Item Type' would be a great video to do, so if you don't know how to create a new item type, please send me the metadata fields you think a magazine or newspaper should have, and I'll create a training video for you.

--
Adam Field
EPrints Services