[EP-tech] Re: Eprints VS Dspace

Hi Edwin and Et Al,

DSpace, Digital Commons and Eprints are the best options
for Academic digital repositories.

DSpace have
the largest list of installations? but..

In the real
world Eprints manage the easiest way to install with less tech knowledge and a really
turnkey installation like yum install eprints or apt-get install eprints, etc..

One of the best
acid test is Google Scholar, they said ?Eprints version 3.0 or a later version
are well-structured for indexing - search engine robots are able to quickly
reach all articles by following links from the home page and individual article
pages embed bibliographic data in a machine-readable fashion for indexing? and DSpace
have had some issues regarding indexing? http://roar.eprints.org/help/google_scholar.html

By the
other hand the principal CRIS (RIS) systems have APIs or interfaces for interconnections
with Eprints and DSpace.

My two
cents!!

Best regards