[EP-tech] Re: Diacrtic Encoding in EPrints Perl Programs (eprints_fields_automatic.pl)

Hi Greg

	It's because perl doesn't know your source code is encoded in utf-8.  There are a number of ways to fix this, and the following is one of them:

	# This is a handy place to make monographs and thesis default to
	# your insitution
	#
	{
		use utf8;
		$eprint->set_value( "institution", "?cole Polytechnique de Montr?al" );
	}

	...and make sure the file is utf8 encoded (depends on your editor).  If you put the 'use utf8' in the braces, then it only applies inside that lexical scope.

	Let me know how it goes

--
Adam Field
EPrints Services