[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[EP-tech] Jisc research data spring - Linking EPrints to remote research data
- Subject: [EP-tech] Jisc research data spring - Linking EPrints to remote research data
- From: rory.mcnicholl at ulcc.ac.uk (Rory McNicholl)
- Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2015 11:29:05 +0000
We've just submitted an idea to the "research data spring" - this is an initiative led by Jisc to "gather fresh ideas around building new solutions that ease the pain points in research data management".
Idea Title: Link EPrints to remote research data
EPrints provides a front end for research data cataloguing, discovery and access. This idea focuses on linking records in EPrints to remotely stored research data. The key challenges we propose to address are:
1) Cut out the middle man - store data files directly without going through EPrints
2) Create a unified workflow - store data and create EPrints record at the same time
If this sounds interesting please read the idea in full at http://researchatrisk.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Link-EPrints-to-remote-research-data/103012-31525 and vote for it!
Rory (and the team)
Lead developer, Research Repositories Team
Academic Research Technologies
University of London Computer Centre
t: +44 (0)20 7863 1344
e: rory.mcnicholl at london.ac.uk
The University of London is an exempt charity in England and Wales.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...