[EP-tech] Diacrtic Encoding in EPrints Perl Programs (eprints_fields_automatic.pl)

Hello,

I am definitely not a programmer, as the following question probably
shows:

In the /data/eprints3/archives/Ecole/cfg/cfg.d/eprints_fields_automatic.pl
program, we would like to insert our institution name by default:

                                                # This is a handy place to
make monographs and thesis default to

                                                # your insitution

                                                #

                                                $eprint->set_value(
"institution", "Ecole Polytechnique de Montreal" );

The problem is that we have 2 French diacritics in the name : ?cole
Polytechnique de Montr?al.

I have tried several variations of coding the ? & ? with 0 success
..

We have upgraded a test version to EPrints 3.3.12 [Schema 3.3.4], running
on RedHat Linux version 2.6.32-504.3.3.el6.x86_64 (virtual server).

Thanks!

Greg Whitney

Section Head, Technical & Computer Services

Polytechnique Montr?al Library

2500, chemin de Polytechnique

Montr?al, QC

Canada H3T-1J4

514-340-5121 x4646

514-340-4026 (Fax)

greg.whitney at polymtl.ca <mailto:greg.whitney at polymtl.ca>

<file:///C:\Users\Greg\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Signatures\greg%20w's%20c
ard_files\Image001.png>