[EP-tech] Re: Inexpensive hosting for e-prints?

On 17.03.2015 11:38, peter wrote:
> HI
> Have you looked at OVH? The VPS Classic series may be more than adequate
> and performance would not be too bad if you use the 3 core 4GB  version
> with Ubuntu 14.
> https://www.ovh.co.uk/vps/vps-classic.xml

for test purpose OVH VPS Classic is what i would suggest also.
we run a eprints instance under http://ovh-120536.eleph.ch/
costs about €3.- monthly.

!!but!! you get not backup (exactly only once a week)!!!
maybe you do a cron mysqldump and rsync to somewhere else (ie aws glacier).

we did not check the OVH vServer Cloud solution. there should be a
backup included.

and we also run eprints on aws. all services (!) inclueded for about
$400.-/monthly.

bye
stof

--