[EP-tech] EP 3.3 and back-end file storage

I've been looking at changing how I store files with my repository.

For various reasons, I run my repository load-balanced between two data-centers - and I currently do this by having two EPrints installations that share a database, and both mount the same file-system for ..../documents & ..../html

This cross-mounted file-system is a horrible bodge, and I want to replace it.

Under EPrints 3.3, storage has been pulled out into Plugins - however looking at the generate_* stuff, it all comes back to EPrints::Page::write_to_file... and that does an

  open(my $fh, ">:utf8", $filename)

So - are the "storage plugins" just for deposited objects (the .pdfs, the .docs, uploaded to the server) , or am I missing something ?

--

Ian Stuart.
EDINA,

http://edina.ac.uk/

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.