[EP-tech] Editoring speed problem and Review queue option

Hi

We have experienced speed problems when editoring on our archive Organic
Eprints (www.orgprints.org). We have +30 editors with responsibilities for
different countries and projects, and some of them, but only some,
experience that the system is very slow when they are working with the
review buffer. Search etc. is not affected.

I finally found out that the number of editorial rights restrictions affect
the speed of showing the review buffer substantially. We have some 16
eprint types (yes, I know, too many, but the archive has many different
kinds of eprints), and one of these (conference submissions) has to be
handled by different editors. This means most of our national editors have
15 eprint types (all but the conference submissions) in their editorial
rights restrictions, to avoid conference submissions being moved into the
archive prematurely by the national editors. Some editors have a number of
countries and projects as well in their editorial rights restrictions,
which means that showing the buffer can be veeery slow (like, go get a cup
of coffee, start on something else, and forget about it).

To solve this problem, I think about handling the conference submissions
differently. In the ePrints Bazaar I found the Reviewed queue package,
which offers a functionality that potentially can meet this purpose by
establishing an additional review buffer.

For this to work however, eprints of type conference submissions should go
automatically into this additional buffer. Is this possible? And if so, how?

And preferably it should be possible to restrict most editors from seeing
this additional buffer. We have editors with different powers already (some
being able to modify the subject trees to e.g. add new research
affiliations). But I am not sure whether the additional buffer established
by Reviewed queue can be allocated to a specific editor type. Is this
possible?

Can anybody help on these questions?

Best regards
Hugo Alroe
Initiator (in 2002) of Organic Eprints and presently temporary archive
administrator.

Email: hugo.f.alroe at gmail.com