[EP-tech] Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry at /usr/share/eprints3/bin/../perl_lib/EPrints/MetaField/Id.pm line 50.

  • To: eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk
  • Subject: [EP-tech] Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry at /usr/share/eprints3/bin/../perl_lib/EPrints/MetaField/Id.pm line 50.
  • From: Michael Street <mstreet@yorku.ca>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 14:35:28 -0500

Hi,

I recently migrated an old v2.1 installation to a 3.13 on ubuntu 14.04.  I have managed to get it working, with some tweaks to apache that someone kindly pointed out in a blog somewhere.

However, whenever I run any of the 'epadmin' variants, I consistently get this error:

Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry at /usr/share/eprints3/bin/../perl_lib/EPrints/MetaField/Id.pm line 50.

The commands seem to complete and the adbstracts, etc, are generated but I seem to get this error for each and every eprint in the archive.

Does anyone know what this is and how I can fix it?

--Mike Street
IDIS, UIT, York University