[EP-tech] Re: Xapian install on Ubuntu 12.04

Sure thing.. install libxapian, libsearch-xapian-perl (yup that's Search::Xapian) and voila. Then I'd install xapian-tools because some of their utility are damned useful to debup/map a xapian DB.

Then as a word of caution, I'd say be careful in using the default eprints-xapian indexing (what's shipped with eprints 3.3.x basically) cos it's very basic. Perhaps look up https://github.com/eprints/xapianv2 to do more advanced stuff such as faceting.

Seb