[EP-tech] Antwort: Re: Xapian install on Ubuntu 12.04

Hi Seb,

can you answer the following questions:

- what do you mean by "be careful using the default eprints-xapian indexing" (shipped with eprints 3.3.12) ? Are there any known problems?
- in as far can the code on https://github.com/eprints/xapianv2 be considered as finished and be recommended for production?
- was faceting tested on a real-world repo having 10'000s of records (and not only on 93 as with http://puffin.ecs.soton.ac.uk/) ? Is performance still good? E.g., on http://www.zora.uzh.ch/, depending on the search terms used, one may obtain 1000s of records.

Best regards,

Martin

--
Dr. Martin Brändle
Zentrale Informatik

mail: martin.braendle@id.uzh.ch
phone: +41 44 63 56705
fax: +41 44 63 54505
http://www.id.uzh.ch

Inactive hide details for sf2 ---19/12/2014 21:51:32---  Sure thing.. install libxapian, libsearch-xapian-perl (yup that'ssf2 ---19/12/2014 21:51:32---  Sure thing.. install libxapian, libsearch-xapian-perl (yup that's