[EP-tech] Re: Migrating EPrints

On 09/09/14 11:36, Andrew Beeken wrote:
> What I?m kind of hoping to be able to do is migrate all of our data across
> without all of our customisations, try to map it to a vanilla version.
> We?ve made several modifications that have become unwieldy and potentially
> problematic, many of them pre-dating my arrival at the university. What
> we?re planning is a purely hypothetical exercise to see if we could bring
> all of our content to a fresh system that we can then build back up with a
> bigger focus on not only what we need out of EPrints, but also how we need
> it to interact with other systems.

Hmmm....

I think the EPrintsXML importer will complain if you try have fields in
your exported dataset that don't have matching fields in your new
database.... and the EPrintsXML exporter just adds every field in the
database to the XML record, so you can't filter them that way

--

Ian Stuart.
EDINA,

http://edina.ac.uk/

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.