[EP-tech] Re: collections_Eprints

On 05/05/14 12:57, Ivana Sari? wrote:
> Please,
>
> can somebody give me explanation about Eprints:
>
> 1) Does the system allow to develop multiple collections?
What do you mean by "Collection"?
How does a "Collection" differ from a "Subject"?

You can have multiple subject-like classifications an a single
repository - yes.

> 2) Does the system allow digital object to be a member of multiple
> collections?
Yes - in the same way a single record can be associated with multiple
subjects

> 3) Allows multiple collections within same installation of the system?
Multiple subject-like classifications?
Yes - but the management of it would be a nightmare for your data-loggers

> 4) Does the system supports browsing of collections?
Yep, just like for subject.

--

Ian Stuart.
EDINA,

http://edina.ac.uk/

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.