[EP-tech] Exporting from view always in default order

Dear all,

as far as I can see it, items exported from a view in XML or any other format are always listed in the default order, even though the items currently displayed on the webpage might be ordered in another way.

Is there a way to influence how items are ordered in an export file?

The background to my question is the intention of the University's CMS team to use exported XML files together with a PHP script to generate individualised citation formats for the publication lists of different departments on the University's webpages without having to reorder the items.

Thanks!

Verena Mattes
Dep. Digital Library
University Library Bayreuth