[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[EP-tech] Release for Apache 2.4
- Subject: [EP-tech] Release for Apache 2.4
- From: R.Hyam at rbge.ac.uk (Roger Hyam)
- Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 15:51:36 +0100
I'm a newbie to eprints. I'd be grateful for your help.
I want to put eprints on Unbuntu 14 which has Apache 2.4 and associated Perl libraries. I run a load of servers and they will all be moved to Ubuntu 14 over the next few months so I need to keep things as vanilla as possible and don't want to run old versions of libraries for different applications if I can avoid it.
I've tried the apt-get install of 3.3 and then applying the patches mentioned here:
But I just get "patch failed" notices.
I have two questions:
1) Is there or will there be in the very near future a stable build I can install using apt-get that supports the new Perl libraries?
2) Could somebody provide step by step instructions for patching a 3.3 build in case I am doing something really dumb.
p.s. I am currently at #rfringe14 so you if you are here you could explain it me face to face.
The Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh is a charity registered in Scotland (No SC007983)