[EP-tech] Search, for partial matches

I want to perform a search... however I want to search for
a) all records where *part* of the field matches, and
b) I do not want that search to be case-sensitive

   my $email = 'Ian';
   my $ds = $session->get_repository->get_dataset('foo');
   my $searchexp = EPrints::Search->new(
       session => $session,
       dataset => $ds,
   );
   $searchexp->add_field( $ds->get_field('email'), $email );
   warn $searchexp->render_description->toString;
   my $results = $searchexp->perform_search;
   warn "found " . $results->count . " records\n";

returns 0 matches, even though there is at least one user (me) with an
email address of "ian.stuart at ed...." in the dataset foo

Any suggestions?
(as the dataset isn't part of the normal EPrints system, indexing
worries me [and I don't know who to set it up either, but that's another
story])

--

Ian Stuart.
EDINA,

http://edina.ac.uk/

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.