[EP-tech] Re: Thousands of old eprints repropagated via OAI after epadmin redo_thumbnails &co.

In the OAI scenario, I think that the OAI clients are faulty as an
update of the lastmod timestamp doesn't modify the resource's unique
identifier which should be used to see if an item is new or being updated.

timestamp is the default criteria for OAI to find if something has
changed. The unique identifier can't change, so can't be used for
updates. Or maybe I misunderstood?

I was thinking in the scenario where you keep 2 repo's in sync via OAI harvesting (my only usage of OAI harvesting).

Doesn't change the fact that if the metadata of an item has changed then this update should be propagated through OAI.

Seb.