[EP-tech] Re: EPrints Dev Powwow (yesterday)

The links for the Bootstrap'ing demo were:

http://roar.uel.ac.uk/ (Publications)
http://data.uel.ac.uk/ (Data)

You can see their reciprocal links implementation following the test
dataset link in the data repository and looking under the Links section
on the right.

Lizz

On 07/08/2014 12:25, Sebastien Francois wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> ULCC hosted the first EPrints Dev Powwow yesterday:
> http://dablog.ulcc.ac.uk/2014/08/06/ulcc-hosts-inaugural-eprints-developer-pow-wow/
>
> The main focus were:
>
> (1) the updated Xapian integration
>
> Code at https://github.com/eprints/xapianv2
>
> Presentation slides at http://pubs.ulcc.ac.uk/182/ (Xapian intro and
> integration details)
>
> Demo at http://puffin.ecs.soton.ac.uk/cgi/xapian/simple (and /advanced)
>

> (2) EPrints4 under the hood
>
> Code at https://github.com/eprints/eprints/tree/eprints4
>
> High-level presentation of tested/implemented features:
> http://pubs.ulcc.ac.uk/183/
>
> We also discussed the options for modernising the UI and which
> technologies/frameworks could be used - were mentioned: jQuery (over
> Prototype), Bootstrap templates, Mustache (server-side) and
> Mustache-JS (client-side). There seems to be a general consensus that
> building HTML in PERL is a tedious task and should be discarded.
>

> (3) Bootstrap'ing EPrints
>
> (sorry, I didn't note the URL of the demo, link anyone?)
>

> (4) Github code management
>
> Announcements will be made regarding cleaning up the branches on
> github (notifications will be sent beforehand) - expect something like:
>
> - deprecating the "master" branch
> - incorporating some selected diff's from master to 3.3 (the so-called
> "missing commits")
> - make the 3.3 branch *THE* dev branch
>

> Thanks to ULCC for organising and hosting the event, which, hopefully,
> will become a regular meeting.
>
> Seb.

Technical Data Officer
Ext. 3570 (External 01225 383570)